Ir al contenido principal

Microaggressions in films and how it affects my life.

 What is you perception of this Pixar video, what was the message, theme?

I think the theme was Stereotype or bias. Because we can see how the small birds treat the big bird differently just because he does not fit in, they start to mock him and then karma hits them and the blue bird starts mocking them. The message was we should not treat each other different just because of our appearance.

 Where do stereotypes come from?

I think stereotypes come from the social groups we create ourselves. It can start from our race, origin and sexual orientation, some people start by perceiving something different and that becomes the way they treat them. Stereotype can become hurt someone morally, were so used to this that we can guess someone's ethnics and even beliefs. A example of stereotypes can be the single stories, If we tell a story about someone even if its true it becomes who they are to society we have caused this by treating each other in a negative way and unconsciously believing these story's instead of investigating ourselves.

What are microaggressions?

Microaggressions can be verbal or nonverbal insults in order to target a person negatively. Even in school people commit microaggressions based on assumptions or things they are told, some even commit this without even knowing. Even if they do not do it with a negative intention it still can hurt other people if someone is being racist unintentionally its still racist . People need to think what they say before opening their mouths we need to be empathetic.

Have microaggressions played out in your life?

Microaggressions has played a negative role in my life. Once i was in school and we had a substitute teacher, we were told we can utilize our phones and talk, me and my friend started talking in Spanish and the substitute teacher yelled at us to stop using our phones while everyone else could. In my opinion this was very uncomfortable  students should not be exposed to this type of insults in the school community. Some people live through this everyday and its occurred to me more than once.

What is the difference between explicit and implicit in your life?

In my life i think the term explicit can be a directly insult to someone or even stereotype someone with bad intentions. Implicit can be a unconscious insult or bias to someone. An example of Implicit can be how everyday we stereotype someone without even knowing we do it, An example of Explicit can be how we insult or judge people with a true intention to affect them negatively. During the school year i have been judged by both ways implicit and explicit but i learned to ignore it and not do the same.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Photography applied in my magazine

 Different images and pictures server to grab the readers attention but also o transmit every sense of what you are trying to portray. During the making of this project I understood that pictures is a from of communication between people in other words a connection. I used different angle shots and places in order to achieve this goal here are some examples below. My goal was to transmit beauty throughout my magazine and I'm confident people will be able to connect with ever sense of my shots.

Endangered Animals project

The Bald Eagle 3D Model. For this project I chose The United States of Americas Nationals Symbol. Also known as the Haliaeetu s  leucocephalus. It was almost extinct and declared endangered it needed the endangered species act in order to be preserved, today the Bald eagle is safe from extinction. According to the website Eagles.org there are over 9,800 male and female nesting, Its main causes of extinction were Habitat destruction, degradation and illegal shooting in fact the Bald eagle gained protection until 1940 by the congress and it was named “Bald and Golden eagle protection act” it consists of prohibiting hunting of any type towards the Bald Eagle, habitat protection to keep the Bald Eagle safe. Luckily now its species is expanding and is now safe form any danger due to the effort of the Americans. This image was used for the inspiration of the model. The purpose of this project was to chose a animal in danger. In order to make a 3D model of the Bald Eagle I used the following

Choosing the colors for my magazine!

 During the making of my project finding colors that matched or didn't cause any unbalances was really challenging so I stumbled upon many doubts on what to use. I starting thinking more about what colors really meant to magazines and what would happen if i chose the wrong colors. After feedback from my peers I started using color pallets for inspiration and considered what I wanted to transmit when people perceived my magazine. Colors palettes is a combination of colors most digital designers use in order to have color balance and other factors that have major effects on a magazine. Not only does colors transmit sense of balance but also makes a pleasant experience.